NOVA AIR™, a compact and lightweight wireless adapter for Fourier's sensors that is designed to transmit data to PCs and iOS devices (iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad), affords teachers and student the ability to conduct a wider range of scientific experiments that were previously unapproachable due to the limitations of cables and cords.
Utilizing Bluetooth® wireless technology, NOVA AIR™ delivers real-time performance and increased reliability during experimentation, and its internal memory enables ultra-fast sampling rates which are highly beneficial when performing complex experiments. NOVA AIR™ works seamlessly with the full range of over 65 Fourier educational sensors and provides the means to use them outdoors for a variety of activities.
NOVA AIR™, a one channel data logger, also includes an internal rechargeable battery that lasts up to four working hours and the battery can be recharged via a standard mini-USB connector, which also serves as a backup communication interface when the battery is discharged.
NOVA AIR™ Key Features
- Plug n’ Play (sensor auto-detect function & simple pairing process)
- Sampling rate of 10,000 samples / second in wireless online mode (50,000 samples / second in wireless offline mode)
- Memory capacity of 100,000 samples
- Supported platforms:
- WIN-PC (XP/7)
- iOS (iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch)
- Works concurrently with Fourier’s USBLink data logger
- Bi–color LED indicating active device connection and sampling status NOVA AIR™
- Circular motion
- Relative motion of two carts
- Project based inquiry for outdoor activities
- Water quality outdoor activities
- Measure noise level in schoolyard
NOVA AIR ™ is compatible with MultiLab™ for PC and MiLAB™, Fourier’s mobile app for iOS products. Fourier offers the most advanced student lab experiment analysis, processing and reporting software in the science education industry. The combination of NOVA AIR ™ with either MultiLab™ or MiLAB™ software enables students to collect data from multiple probes simultaneously and display their data in graphs, meters and tables. Students can also analyze the data with sophisticated analysis tools including curve fitting, statistics, and both integral and derivative analysis wizards.
MiLAB™ Mobile App for iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad
MiLAB™, Fourier’s mobile app for iOS products, is based on the company’s MultiLab™ data analysis software. With MiLAB™ and NOVA AIR™, the world becomes the classroom for teachers and students to conduct wireless scientific experiments.
MiLAB™ Key Features:
- Multiple displays: graph, tables and meters
- Real-time data measurement via Fourier sensors or via the internal accelerometer
- Advanced data analysis tools
- Export data as an email attachment for further investigation with MultiLab
MultiLab™ for PC Key Features:
- Collect data from multiple probes simultaneously
- Multiple sensors displays: graph, tables and meters
- Online display of streaming sensor data from Nova Air
- A rich pedagogic library of experiments developed by science education experts
- Educational workbooks featuring multiple experiments and guide manuals, included
- Multi-media synchronized recording of video and data from the sensors
- Video Motion Analyzer that converts any motion movie into position data
- Works seamlessly with Office applications
- Localized interface solution for over 15 languages